Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Reflections On A Summer That Used to Be

The scent of crisp leaves hangs slightly in the late afternoon air, which can only mean that summer is almost on the way out. With this realization I reflect back on what can be described as my best summer yet, and gone are my days of pure leisure.  Since I am a school teacher I am one of the fortunate few to have an entire 8 weeks off in a row.  For some teachers this can be a daunting idea with entertaining "wee-ones" all day or just trying to stay busy.  However, I never have these problems as I'm child free, and I find I stay pretty busy with everyday things.  I have the luxury of only having to worry about myself and I can indulge in what I like call "The Summer of Margo"  This summer's focus was writing, health, spending time with people who I love and care about and who do the same for me.  And it was a success!  Here are some of my favourite moments:

Top 10 summer moments. (no particular order)

1. Berry Picking with my niece Tyla and my mom.  This day was fantastic-ripe raspberries and strawberries and super sunny.

2. My wedding at Rockwater. So magical

3. Last Date Day with Tyla; swimming, lunch at Whitespot and hula-hoop contests.

4. Sitting in my backyard reminiscing with my sister, after a garden dinner, as her daughters- Tyla and Emry ran around with their uncle Scott.

Church and State Winery
5. Delicious hours of writing my novel "It's Like Holding a Marble In My Mouth" in the backyard

6. Tasting delectable wines with Scott on our 8 hour wine tour in Oliver BC, with this rad couple from Calgary.  How perfect: two child free couples spending the day tasting wine and dishing about travel, while admiring the breathtaking views. 

7.Road trip Honeymoon in BC

8.Wonderful "girl's nights", with some fabulous women.

9.Sharing a bottle of wine with my sister on a random Tuesday night.  Staying up late and having one of our special chats right before she moved away.  Missing my best friend Lesly like she was my left arm and someone ripped it off.

10.Finishing the two year renovations on the exterior of the house.  Thanks again to the gang that helped out over the years.

There you have it folks.  My summer started off with a great bang at a friend's wedding in July and is now winding down with 'old school' hot tub nights with my BW peeps.

Tell me about your Top 10 Summer Moments
Hotel on our Honeymoon

No comments:

Post a Comment